5th Grade Camp
As part of Westwood's Fifth Grade Outdoor Education, our 5th grade students attend an outdoor camp program. Science, education, and adventure are the focus as students explore nature by hand, foot, and microscope! This program has been specifically designed to meet the National and California State Science Education curriculum standards for 5th grade.
- 5 days, 4 nights
- Student reside in single-gender separated cabins under high school counselor supervision.
- Camp Loma Mar staff patrol and on call all night
- All high school counselors are trained and screened
- Camp naturalists are CPR and 1st aid trained. Medic on duty 24 hours
- Activities include: night hike, tide pooling and beach study, conservation, barn yard boogie, and nightly bonfires.
- Well-balanced, nutritious, kid-friendly meals & snacks are included (with accommodation for any special dietary needs such food allergies).
- Bus Transportation for all students
Anticipated 2019/20 costs will be $425.00 per student
This includes all bus transportation, meals, lodging, supplies for programming, instruction, student T-shirts, arrangement of all site logistics and journals for student work.
The Westwood PFC will be sponsoring the 2019/20 5th Grade Outdoor Camp.
Families may choose to donate any amount toward the total cost of camp. They are also encouraged to participate in PFC organized fundraising efforts, as volunteers and/or participants.
Please help us make this amazing opportunity happen by donating today!